0 of 22 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 22 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A pop shield
2. Which statement is correct
3. Shaping the tone of an electric guitar recording can be achieved by
4. Phase problems
5. The 3:1 Rule of Mic Placement states that
6. Which is the correct statement
7. When recording vocals, Dan says there are three main things he concentrates on getting right. They are;-
1. The main difference between a MIDI and hardware keyboard is that the MIDI produces actual sound.
2. Keyboard amps typically keep distortion to a minimum.
3. Guitar amps produce a wider frequency range.
4. The main difference between an acoustic guitar and electric guitar is that the acoustic guitar can be amplified.
5. When recording an acoustic guitar, using a dynamic mic several inches from the hole will give you a warmer tone.
6. Moving the mic towards the fret will produce a thinner sound with more string noise.
7. To find the best position for the preferred acoustic guitar sound, use open-backed headphones and move your guitar around to find the best sound balance.
8. You can use a DI input to record an acoustic guitar.
9. Phase cancellation makes certain frequencies disappear from the mix.
10. The more mics used in a recording session, the greater the potential for ‘phase’ problems to occur.
11. To reduce phase issues, collapse the mix into mono and check regularly before building the mix.
12. One issue when recording bass guitar at the same time as other instruments in the same room, is the pick up of spill sounds by other mics.
13. Grand pianos are harder than upright pianos to record.
14. Getting the right balance of overhead mics is most important when using the four mich technique for recording drums.
15. When recording electric guitar the amp simulator is simpler, saves time and doesn’t have to deal with possible extraneous noise from outside.