0 of 11 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 11 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
6. Verbs create depth and texture in an instrumental sound.
7. Too many decays can muddy up the mix.
8. Panning defines the spectrum in the frequency field, whereas EQ defines the space in the stereo field.
9. If two of the same instruments are used to record a song, panning one left and the other right, will generally give a wider sound.
10. The standard preferred quality for export to a mastering engineer is:- WAV, 48 kHz, 24 bit.
11. To export ‘stems’ means to send your file to a mastering engineer with plugins and processing information included.
1. To get a rough balance in a track, play the track a couple of times while pushing the faders around to explore what does and doesn’t work.
2. The EQ is used to find appropriate or desired space for the different elements of the instruments within the mix.
3. When using EQ it is necessary to identify the fundamental frequency of the instruments being used in the track.
4. If compression is used during the recording phase, there will be more work on compression needed during the edit phase.
5. ‘Release’ refers to the time it takes for the compressor to work.